Saturday, December 27, 2008

These don't live at my house

We've had a great family Christmas in New Zealand and it was a treat to be around small children. I hope you all enjoyed your day as much as we did.
This is the secret sewing I posted about a wee while ago. It's a bean bag foot stool for my SIL. The kids love it too!This coin purse I made for my eldest GD from a scrap of silk she was given a couple of years ago. The following quilts have not photographed too well for colour, sorry. This is one lap quilt I made in October for my DD's birthday. It's machine quilted and was a quickie done in 6 days. The pattern is from here.
This daisez quilt was made in 2002 from a Jan Mullen pattern, again machine quilted.
A cot quilt using a cheater panel called Hungry Animal Alphabet, Hand quilted.
Finally, a double sided king size quilt made for DD and SIl in 2006, commercially machine quilted. I was asked to make something cheerful but the quilt is brighter than shows in the photo.

Until next time, have a very happy New Year!

9 comments:

Lurline said...

Beautiful, beautiful quilts and oh, I so love that footstool - you must tell us more!
Hugs - Lurline♥

Unknown said...

Love the Footstool how creative you are..!!
Love all your Quilts they are Beautiful...
all the best for 2009.
cheers

Shari said...

What a great footstool! And many lovely quilts - thanks for the show and tell!

Betsy said...

your quilts are lovely. I love that little change purse. Will you ever do a tutoral for that one??

Jean said...

Your quilts are gorgeous...and I love the puzzle pieces footstool!I have been wanting to do a puzzle like that but haven't found a pattern. What pattern did you use?

Amy said...

Very Beautiful, I love the footstool. thanks so much for sharing

Anonymous said...

The foot stool is well loved at out house! What a christmas present for my DH. Although he has to fight off DD1, DD2 and DD3.

Isn't my mum cleaver! And how lucky am I to have these beautiful things living at my house!

Crafts a la Mode said...

Your quilts are BEAUTIFUL. I love your banner also - another of your quilts to be sure. I like the little origami pouches. Would you have a tutorial for them or know where I could get one?
Love your stuff. Linda

Vickie E said...

Ah I see it..you did 4 X 4 setting..looks great. I am going to have mine quilted with the pebble meander that crazy mom quilts showed on her blog a couple of days ago. I just took it to my quilter today!