I did have big plans for this quilt, it was going to be twenty five blocks, all set something like this with a floral border I was going to draw up and a lovely red binding to finish. I even decided on the size and trimmed them accordingly. It was a big plan that's for sure.
I needed to replace a couple of the blocks because of one thing or another and I needed to make two more in addition to make it twenty five in total. The truth is I just don't feel inspired to do that but they represent my real journey into applique and wouldn't it be a shame not to do something with them?
Thinking cap on and a plan to bring it out to a decent size and it's full steam ahead. I removed some blocks to make it twenty blocks instead of twenty five
Hundreds of half square triangles need to be made so I used Lori's method and with two ten inch squares, I can make 32 very quickly. They all had to be trimmed but I like that because I need absolute accuracy. These will finish at 1/1/2" square.
The upper part is is done and together, I like it a lot, maybe not as much as my original idea but I'm being realistic and changing direction will mean that it's more likely to be a finished quilt.
There's still a part of me that thinks because of the finished size, maybe I could add five more blocks to the sides if I change my mind again. Or not!